* Missing in 0.29.2 notmuch-dump.c: Fix output file being closed twice
@ 2019-10-24  1:54 Ralph Seichter
From: Ralph Seichter @ 2019-10-24  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Folks,

On July 23, in message <20190723203002.31110-1-abbot@monksofcool.net>,
I submitted a patch that appears to be missing from release 0.29.2.
In <87ef2frw15.fsf@tethera.net> David Bremner wrote that the fix was
supposed to be pushed, so I am a bit confused.

-Ralph

* Re: Missing in 0.29.2 notmuch-dump.c: Fix output file being closed twice
@ 2019-10-24 11:05 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2019-10-24 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralph Seichter, notmuch

Ralph Seichter <abbot@monksofcool.net> writes:

> Folks,
>
> On July 23, in message <20190723203002.31110-1-abbot@monksofcool.net>,
> I submitted a patch that appears to be missing from release 0.29.2.
> In <87ef2frw15.fsf@tethera.net> David Bremner wrote that the fix was
> supposed to be pushed, so I am a bit confused.
>
> -Ralph

That push was pushed to master, but not release. I guess at the time it
didn't seem serious enough to warrant a point release? I'd have to go
back an re-examine the email thread to be sure.

* Re: Missing in 0.29.2 notmuch-dump.c: Fix output file being closed twice
@ 2019-10-24 11:28   ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2019-10-24 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralph Seichter, notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> Ralph Seichter <abbot@monksofcool.net> writes:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> On July 23, in message <20190723203002.31110-1-abbot@monksofcool.net>,
>> I submitted a patch that appears to be missing from release 0.29.2.
>> In <87ef2frw15.fsf@tethera.net> David Bremner wrote that the fix was
>> supposed to be pushed, so I am a bit confused.
>>
>> -Ralph
>
> That push was pushed to master, but not release. I guess at the time it
> didn't seem serious enough to warrant a point release? I'd have to go
> back an re-examine the email thread to be sure.

To clarify, that fix will be in 0.30

* Re: Missing in 0.29.2 notmuch-dump.c: Fix output file being closed twice
@ 2019-10-24 15:11   ` Ralph Seichter
From: Ralph Seichter @ 2019-10-24 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

* David Bremner:

> That push was pushed to master, but not release. I guess at the time
> it didn't seem serious enough to warrant a point release?

I did not expect a point release for that patch in particular. However,
given that the patch fixed a SIGABRT situation, I have assumed to see it
included in whatever release came next. Version 0.29.2 happens to be the
first release since the bugfix was accepted three months ago, hence my
moderate disappointment that the fix is missing.

@ 2019-10-24 17:59     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2019-10-24 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralph Seichter, notmuch

Ralph Seichter <abbot@monksofcool.net> writes:

> * David Bremner:
>
>> That push was pushed to master, but not release. I guess at the time
>> it didn't seem serious enough to warrant a point release?
>
> I did not expect a point release for that patch in particular. However,
> given that the patch fixed a SIGABRT situation, I have assumed to see it
> included in whatever release came next. Version 0.29.2 happens to be the
> first release since the bugfix was accepted three months ago, hence my
> moderate disappointment that the fix is missing.

I understand your disappointment. I fully expected to have normal
release before now, but life happens.