* mm-image-fit-p: Invalid image specification
@ 2012-09-14 14:00 Michal Sojka
From: Michal Sojka @ 2012-09-14 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

in emacs, I have a problem displaying an email that contain the
following part (--format=json):

    {
       "content-type" : "image/svg+xml",
       "filename" : "xxxx_logo.svg",
       "id" : 4
    }

I see this message "mm-image-fit-p: Invalid image specification" and no
other emails after this one in the thread are shown. This happens in GNU
Emacs 24.2.1 (Debian). Emacs 23 works correctly.

Is this a known issue? If not I'll try to investigate this some time
later.

Regards,
-Michal

* Re: mm-image-fit-p: Invalid image specification
@ 2014-01-25 18:54 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2014-01-25 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michal Sojka, notmuch

Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz> writes:

> Hello,
>
> in emacs, I have a problem displaying an email that contain the
> following part (--format=json):
>
>     {
>        "content-type" : "image/svg+xml",
>        "filename" : "xxxx_logo.svg",
>        "id" : 4
>     }
>
> I see this message "mm-image-fit-p: Invalid image specification" and no
> other emails after this one in the thread are shown. This happens in GNU
> Emacs 24.2.1 (Debian). Emacs 23 works correctly.

Hi Michal;

I just tried to duplicate this old bug on emacs 24.3 and I couldn't. Can
you still duplicate it? If so, a test message would be appreciated. I
think if it's 24.2.1 specific, we can call it fixed.

The relevant part of my test image json is

            {
                  "content-charset" : "utf-8",
                  "content-length" : 3619,
                  "filename" : "spiral.svg",
                  "content-type" : "image/svg+xml",
                  "content-transfer-encoding" : "base64",
                  "id" : 1
               }

* Re: mm-image-fit-p: Invalid image specification
@ 2014-01-27 19:36   ` Michal Sojka
From: Michal Sojka @ 2014-01-27 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, notmuch

On Sat, Jan 25 2014, David Bremner wrote:
> Michal Sojka <sojkam1@fel.cvut.cz> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> in emacs, I have a problem displaying an email that contain the
>> following part (--format=json):
>>
>>     {
>>        "content-type" : "image/svg+xml",
>>        "filename" : "xxxx_logo.svg",
>>        "id" : 4
>>     }
>>
>> I see this message "mm-image-fit-p: Invalid image specification" and no
>> other emails after this one in the thread are shown. This happens in GNU
>> Emacs 24.2.1 (Debian). Emacs 23 works correctly.
>>

> Hi Michal;
>
> I just tried to duplicate this old bug on emacs 24.3 and I couldn't. Can
> you still duplicate it?

Hi David,

I've found the problematic message and everything works correctly now.

> If so, a test message would be appreciated. I think if it's 24.2.1
> specific, we can call it fixed.

Maybe it was 24.2.1 specific or Emacs didn't use --format=sexp at that
time.

Thanks for taking care of this.
-Michal