* nmbug changes
@ 2011-12-23 21:56 David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2011-12-23 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Notmuch Mail

For those of you following/using the nmbug experiment, I made some
slightly disruptive changes, in order to support auto-updating the web
view on push.

The clone url is now

    http://nmbug.tethera.net/git/nmbug-tags

The push url is

    nmbug@nmbug.tethera.net:nmbug-tags

the status page is at

    http://nmbug.tethera.net/status

There is a link to the latter from notmuchmail.org/nmbug, but I couldn't
nicely redirect notmuchmail.org/nmbug/status

If none of this makes any sense, see

   http://notmuchmail.org/nmbug

Happy hackingdays,

David

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 315 bytes --]

* Re: nmbug changes
@ 2012-01-08 16:24 ` Justus Winter
From: Justus Winter @ 2012-01-08 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, Notmuch Mail

Hey David,

Quoting David Bremner (2011-12-23 22:56:31)
>For those of you following/using the nmbug experiment, I made some
>slightly disruptive changes, in order to support auto-updating the web
>view on push.

I'm having trouble with nmbug, I did follow the instructions in this
mail and in the wiki, but nmbug never adds tags to my notmuch database
(it is supposed to do that, right?).

Consequently, nmbug status displays a long list of tags that aren't in
my notmuch database. Executing nmbug merge does not help, and stracing
nmbug revealed that it does only invoke notmuch with the search and
dump actions.

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Justus

* Re: nmbug changes
@ 2012-01-08 22:34   ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2012-01-08 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Justus Winter, Notmuch Mail

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:24:06 -0000, Justus Winter <4winter@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:

> I'm having trouble with nmbug, I did follow the instructions in this
> mail and in the wiki, but nmbug never adds tags to my notmuch database
> (it is supposed to do that, right?).

In case you just want to load the tags in the git repo into your notmuch
database, try running "nmbug checkout".

It might be the instructions on "getting started" could be updated here?
Perhaps someone who has gotten started more recently can chime in here.

David

* Re: nmbug changes
@ 2012-01-09 14:17     ` Justus Winter
From: Justus Winter @ 2012-01-09 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, Notmuch Mail

Quoting David Bremner (2012-01-08 23:34:26)
>On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:24:06 -0000, Justus Winter <4winter@informatik.uni-hamburg.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm having trouble with nmbug, I did follow the instructions in this
>> mail and in the wiki, but nmbug never adds tags to my notmuch database
>> (it is supposed to do that, right?).
>
>In case you just want to load the tags in the git repo into your notmuch
>database, try running "nmbug checkout".

That actually worked, but nmbug help says:

       checkout
               Update the notmuch database from git. This is mainly useful to
               discard your changes in notmuch relative to git.
[...]
       merge   Merge changes from FETCH_HEAD into HEAD, and load the result
               into notmuch.

That's why I assumed that merge is the command of choice in my
situation.

>It might be the instructions on "getting started" could be updated here?
>Perhaps someone who has gotten started more recently can chime in here.

If checkout is neccessary, it surely should be added to the wiki
page. Once I've gained some experience with nmbug I'll update the
wiki, though I wouldn't mind if someone beats me to it ;)

Justus