* A big thank you for the major tagging speedup
@ 2012-02-07 16:36 Florian Friesdorf
From: Florian Friesdorf @ 2012-02-07 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I just wanted to express my gratitude, that for a while now notmuch is
tagging by a factor 200 faster than it used to be!

--
Florian Friesdorf <flo@chaoflow.net>
  GPG FPR: 7A13 5EEE 1421 9FC2 108D  BAAF 38F8 99A3 0C45 F083

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: A big thank you for the major tagging speedup
@ 2012-02-08 21:13 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2012-02-08 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Florian Friesdorf, notmuch

On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 17:36:24 +0100, Florian Friesdorf <flo@chaoflow.net> wrote:

> I just wanted to express my gratitude, that for a while now notmuch is
> tagging by a factor 200 faster than it used to be!

+1 It is really comfortable to notmuch tag now !

/Xavier

* Re: A big thank you for the major tagging speedup
@ 2012-02-09  4:20   ` Michael Roth
From: Michael Roth @ 2012-02-09  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xavier Maillard; +Cc: notmuch

Anyone know what commit fixed this? Curious whether I'm using or not already

@ 2012-02-09  7:57     ` Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2012-02-09  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Roth, Xavier Maillard; +Cc: notmuch

On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:20:54 -0600, Michael Roth <mdroth@utexas.edu> wrote:
> Anyone know what commit fixed this? Curious whether I'm using or not
> already

No, you're not. id:"1328719731-13402-1-git-send-email-dmitry.kurochkin@gmail.com"

Will do this.

Tomi

PS: Top-post, yack ;)

@ 2012-02-09  8:52       ` Jani Nikula
From: Jani Nikula @ 2012-02-09  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomi Ollila, Michael Roth, Xavier Maillard; +Cc: notmuch

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 09:57:30 +0200, Tomi Ollila <tomi.ollila@iki.fi> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Feb 2012 22:20:54 -0600, Michael Roth <mdroth@utexas.edu> wrote:
> > Anyone know what commit fixed this? Curious whether I'm using or not
> > already
>
> No, you're not. id:"1328719731-13402-1-git-send-email-dmitry.kurochkin@gmail.com"
>
> Will do this.

I think he might be referring to commit id
da67bf12ce122759f72d1d510fb8996df3c9f946 "tag: Automatically limit to
messages whose tags will actually change." This was released in 0.11.

At some point we also had some database changes, and there is a
performance benefit in re-creating the db. This was released in
0.10. See NEWS and http://notmuchmail.org/howto/.

Jani.

@ 2012-02-09 13:59         ` Florian Friesdorf
From: Florian Friesdorf @ 2012-02-09 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)