* Many color per line in notuch emacs mode
@ 2012-11-25 12:49 kedals0
From: kedals0 @ 2012-11-25 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

I can set color per line using notmuch-search-line-faces. But I would
like to specify color per line field, i.e a color for date, another for
authors for exemple.

To do this, I would like to use a 3-tuple list for
notmuch-search-line-faces:
:type '(alist :key-type (string) :field (string) :value-type
(custom-face-edit))

The problem is function notmuch-search-color-line take a non structured
line in args. Then it is needed to parse it to find out field.

Do you think it would be possible to add a mecanism which permit to
color a field during line building ?

Thx,
Dal

* Re: Many color per line in notuch emacs mode
@ 2012-11-27 10:29 ` Jameson Graef Rollins
From: Jameson Graef Rollins @ 2012-11-27 10:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kedals0, notmuch

On Sun, Nov 25 2012, kedals0@gmail.com wrote:
> I can set color per line using notmuch-search-line-faces. But I would
> like to specify color per line field, i.e a color for date, another for
> authors for exemple.
>
> To do this, I would like to use a 3-tuple list for
> notmuch-search-line-faces:
> :type '(alist :key-type (string) :field (string) :value-type
> (custom-face-edit))
>
> The problem is function notmuch-search-color-line take a non structured
> line in args. Then it is needed to parse it to find out field.
>
> Do you think it would be possible to add a mecanism which permit to
> color a field during line building ?

Hi, Dal.  There are already configuration variables to color all the
individual fields in the search result.  See the following face
configuration variables:

notmuch-search-date
notmuch-search-count
notmuch-search-subject
notmuch-search-matching-authors
notmuch-search-non-matching-authors

The best way to configure this stuff is with the emacs configuration
interface: M-x customize-group notmuch-search

jamie.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: Many color per line in notuch emacs mode
@ 2012-11-28  8:41   ` kedals0
From: kedals0 @ 2012-11-28  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jameson Graef Rollins, notmuch

Hi,

Thx for your respond.

To precise my saying, I would like to color a field in terms of tags
associated to its message, as it's done for notmuch-search-color-line.

I'm not sure to really understand configuration of these options, but I
think it's not possible.

Could you confirm me it ?

Thx
Dal.