* FCC and Emacs.el
@ 2019-08-20 16:56 Micah Cobb
From: Micah Cobb @ 2019-08-20 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is an elementary question...

I have notmuch, offlineIMAP, and Emacs setup to use with my Gmail account.
I am syncing with my "[Gmail].Sent Mail" folder (that's the folder name in
the remote and local location.

I want to add a +sent tag to my mail (I have a presync.sh script connected
to offlineimap that does this too), but offlineimap doesn't seem to be
syncing my mail with the Gmail server.

I've seen a lot of people use FCC, but I keep getting an insert error
(unless I set the variable to "nil" in my init.el file. I was trying to get
it to insert "~/Maildir/[Gmail].Sent Mail +sent" but it isn't working, even
if I escape the brackets and space with a slash.

Any idea of what I can do to fix this? I'm loving the setup so far, but
this is an annoying issue.

(Also, I know some people only sync their All Mail folder. I'm not sure how
that works as a two-way sync. I want the effects of my changes to notmuch
tags to affect my Gmail account I log in. Any advice.

thanks!

* Re: FCC and Emacs.el
@ 2019-08-24 13:54 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2019-08-24 13:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Micah Cobb, notmuch

Micah Cobb <micahacobb@gmail.com> writes:

> I have notmuch, offlineIMAP, and Emacs setup to use with my Gmail account.
> I am syncing with my "[Gmail].Sent Mail" folder (that's the folder name in
> the remote and local location.
>
> I want to add a +sent tag to my mail (I have a presync.sh script connected
> to offlineimap that does this too), but offlineimap doesn't seem to be
> syncing my mail with the Gmail server.

I don't know much about offlineimap or gmail, but you might investigate

  https://github.com/gauteh/lieer

Which is designed to offer two-way synching between notmuch and gmail.