* Matching on any header line
@ 2014-08-08  7:55 Nico Schottelius
From: Nico Schottelius @ 2014-08-08  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Good morning,

I am using mutt-kz with notmuch as the backend.

I was wondering if it is possible to match on any header line?

I have the problem that often To/Cc do not reveal the real destination,
so I would like to match on X-Original-To: or Delivered-To:
header lines.

So I was wondering, if there is generic support to match on something
like "header:x-original-to:this@example.org"?

Cheers,

Nico

p.s.: Please CC on reply, I am not subscribed.

--
New PGP key: 659B 0D91 E86E 7E24 FD15  69D0 C729 21A1 293F 2D24

* Re: Matching on any header line
@ 2014-08-11 16:37 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2014-08-11 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nico Schottelius, notmuch

Nico Schottelius <nico-notmuch-mail@schottelius.org> writes:

> I have the problem that often To/Cc do not reveal the real destination,
> so I would like to match on X-Original-To: or Delivered-To:
> header lines.
>
> So I was wondering, if there is generic support to match on something
> like "header:x-original-to:this@example.org"?

Such support does not currently exist in notmuch.

* Re: Matching on any header line
@ 2014-08-11 16:50   ` Nico Schottelius
From: Nico Schottelius @ 2014-08-11 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch, Nico Schottelius

David Bremner [Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 01:37:50PM -0300]:
> Nico Schottelius <nico-notmuch-mail@schottelius.org> writes:
>
> > I have the problem that often To/Cc do not reveal the real destination,
> > so I would like to match on X-Original-To: or Delivered-To:
> > header lines.
> >
> > So I was wondering, if there is generic support to match on something
> > like "header:x-original-to:this@example.org"?
>
> Such support does not currently exist in notmuch.

Too bad - if you are in general open for it, I will add it to my
"to hack" list.

Cheers,

Nico

--

@ 2014-08-12  0:36     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2014-08-12  0:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nico Schottelius; +Cc: notmuch, Nico Schottelius

Nico Schottelius <nico-notmuch-mail@schottelius.org> writes:

> David Bremner [Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 01:37:50PM -0300]:
>> Nico Schottelius <nico-notmuch-mail@schottelius.org> writes:
>>
>> > I have the problem that often To/Cc do not reveal the real destination,
>> > so I would like to match on X-Original-To: or Delivered-To:
>> > header lines.
>> >
>> > So I was wondering, if there is generic support to match on something
>> > like "header:x-original-to:this@example.org"?
>>
>> Such support does not currently exist in notmuch.
>
> Too bad - if you are in general open for it, I will add it to my
> "to hack" list.

I _think_ the concensus was that want to configure the set of headers
indexed, mainly based on worries about bloating the database.  At least,
certain long headers like Received would most likely need to be
blacklisted.