* GitHub + notmuch scripts/hacks
@ 2017-10-13 22:55 William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2017-10-13 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hey there,

I've started collecting[1] a bunch of notmuch+GitHub hacks from some of
the discussions @ id:87d16jtsdj.fsf@kyleam.com

I've added the ability to comment on/approve/reject pull requests from a
GitHub pull-request email[2].

It can also open a magit-log view of the PR from an email, as shown in
this[3] demo video.

This is still very much a work in progress and is not very user friendly
yet. If you would like to help out and convert my hacky bash script to
elisp that would be great.

Much of this work is due to Kyle Meyer and I have been building off of it.
Thanks Kyle!

Cheers,
William

[1] https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github
[2] https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github/commit/fb2d80cf9ee9a5967c78ae6ccda866ee98cdd547
[3] https://jb55.com/s/notmuch-github.mp4

--
https://jb55.com

* Re: GitHub + notmuch scripts/hacks
@ 2018-06-24 13:35 ` William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2018-06-24 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

William Casarin <jb55@jb55.com> writes:

> I've started collecting[1] a bunch of notmuch+GitHub hacks from some of
> the discussions @ id:87d16jtsdj.fsf@kyleam.com
> [..]
>
> [1] https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github
> [2] https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github/commit/fb2d80cf9ee9a5967c78ae6ccda866ee98cdd547
> [3] https://jb55.com/s/notmuch-github.mp4

Hey notmuch peoples,

I've started looking into possible ways to tag github pull requests and
issues. So far I've been able to put together these semi-reliable
tagging methods for pull requests:

    notmuch tag +github from:github.com and tag:inbox

    notmuch tag +pr '"You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at"' \
      and tag:github and not tag:pr and tag:inbox and not tag:issue

    # tag all messages in the thread that have a pr tag
    notmuch tag +pr $(notmuch search --output=threads tag:pr and tag:inbox)

    # this seems to be a semi reliable way to find github merge emails
    notmuch tag +merged Merged and event from:notifications@github.com \
      and not tag:merged and tag:inbox and tag:pr

    # tag the entire pr thread as merged
    notmuch tag +merged $(notmuch search --output=threads tag:merged and tag:inbox)

I still haven't found a reliable way to tag issues and their closed
status. If anyone has something more reliable feel free to share here or
at https://github.com/jb55/notmuch-github#tagging

Cheers,
Will

--