* default search sort order
@ 2012-02-10 17:10 Philippe LeCavalier
From: Philippe LeCavalier @ 2012-02-10 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Just posting to the right place ;)

Sorry.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 547 bytes --]

From: Philippe LeCavalier <support@plecavalier.com>
To: notmuch-commits@notmuchmail.org
Subject: default search sort order
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 09:37:07 -0500

Hi Everyone.

For some reason I can't seem to find how to change the default search
sort order. I would like newest->oldest rather than oldest->newest
without having to hit 'o' and ctrl+home.

I'm using notmuch.el

Phil

Phil

* Re: default search sort order
@ 2012-02-13 14:29 ` Adam Wolfe Gordon
From: Adam Wolfe Gordon @ 2012-02-13 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Philippe LeCavalier; +Cc: notmuch

Hi Phil,

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:10, Philippe LeCavalier
<plecavalier@plc.plecavalier.com> wrote:
> For some reason I can't seem to find how to change the default search
> sort order. I would like newest->oldest rather than oldest->newest
> without having to hit 'o' and ctrl+home.
>
> I'm using notmuch.el

You'll need to set the variable notmuch-search-oldest-first to nil.
You can do this through M-x customize-group notmuch, or by putting it
in your .emacs. This is one of the first things I had to figure out
with notmuch, too :-).

--
Adam Wolfe Gordon

* Re: default search sort order
@ 2012-02-14  2:32   ` Philippe LeCavalier
From: Philippe LeCavalier @ 2012-02-14  2:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Wolfe Gordon, Philippe LeCavalier; +Cc: notmuch

Hi Adam.
On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 07:29:34 -0700, Adam Wolfe Gordon <awg+notmuch@xvx.ca> wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 10:10, Philippe LeCavalier
> <plecavalier@plc.plecavalier.com> wrote:
> > For some reason I can't seem to find how to change the default search
> > sort order. I would like newest->oldest rather than oldest->newest
> > without having to hit 'o' and ctrl+home.
> >
> > I'm using notmuch.el
>
> You'll need to set the variable notmuch-search-oldest-first to nil.
> You can do this through M-x customize-group notmuch, or by putting it
> in your .emacs. This is one of the first things I had to figure out
> with notmuch, too :-).
Thanks!

That made all the difference.

Phil