* email recipient not taken into account when replying?
@ 2020-01-08 16:19 Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-01-08 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello,

I sometimes receive some emails at the address
president@lemondedujeu.org. This email is declared as part of my
alternate emails (I do not consider this private information so I'm
posting it):

(setq message-alternative-emails
      (regexp-opt '("alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org"
                    "alan.schmitt@inria.fr"
                    "alan.schmitt@irisa.fr"
                    "president@lemondedujeu.org")))

When I reply in emacs, notmuch uses my email in polytechnique.org. The
surprising thing is that this does not cause a problem for the email in
inria.fr (replies are sent from that address), but only for
lemondedujeu.org (I did not test irisa.fr).

Is there another way to tell notmuch to use as From address the address
the email was sent to, if it's one of my emails?

Thanks,

Alan

* Re: email recipient not taken into account when replying?
@ 2020-01-08 16:59 ` Carl Worth
From: Carl Worth @ 2020-01-08 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Schmitt, notmuch

On Wed, Jan 08 2020, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Is there another way to tell notmuch to use as From address the address
> the email was sent to, if it's one of my emails?

Yes. The user.other_email configuration entry should do that.

For example, in ~/.notmuch-config:

[user]
name=Alan Schmitt
primary_email=alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org
other_email=alan.schmitt@inria.fr,alan.schmitt@irisa.fr,president@lemondedujeu.org"

-Carl

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: email recipient not taken into account when replying?
@ 2020-01-11 16:56   ` Alan Schmitt
From: Alan Schmitt @ 2020-01-11 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carl Worth, notmuch

On 2020-01-08 08:59, Carl Worth <cworth@cworth.org> writes:

> On Wed, Jan 08 2020, Alan Schmitt wrote:
>> Is there another way to tell notmuch to use as From address the address
>> the email was sent to, if it's one of my emails?
>
> Yes. The user.other_email configuration entry should do that.
>
> For example, in ~/.notmuch-config:
>
> [user]
> name=Alan Schmitt
> primary_email=alan.schmitt@polytechnique.org