* [bug] [emacs] notmuch-show: names not shown on some mailing lists
@ 2017-10-10 16:38 William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2017-10-10 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hey there,

Here's something I've noticed in some mailing list threads in notmuch-show:

  https://jb55.com/s/81d7c740ef60984d.png

It doesn't look like it is showing the correct name.
Looking at the raw message, the From line looks like this:

Any way to handle these situations gracefully? Somehow show
`Some Person` instead of `somemailinglist@lists.linuxfoundation.org`?

Thanks,
William

--
https://jb55.com

From: Jani Nikula @ 2017-10-14 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Casarin, notmuch

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, William Casarin <jb55@jb55.com> wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> Here's something I've noticed in some mailing list threads in notmuch-show:
>
>   https://jb55.com/s/81d7c740ef60984d.png
>
> It doesn't look like it is showing the correct name.
> Looking at the raw message, the From line looks like this:

> Any way to handle these situations gracefully? Somehow show
> `Some Person` instead of `somemailinglist@lists.linuxfoundation.org`?

The information comes from the cli. Can you reproduce this using some
notmuch show --format=sexp --body=false query, perhaps on just one of
the messages?

BR,
Jani.

* Re: [bug] [emacs] notmuch-show: names not shown on some mailing lists
@ 2017-10-14 18:16   ` William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2017-10-14 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula, notmuch

Jani Nikula <jani@nikula.org> writes:

> The information comes from the cli. Can you reproduce this using some
> notmuch show --format=sexp --body=false query, perhaps on just one of
> the messages?

I get this:

https://jb55.com

@ 2017-10-14 18:22     ` William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2017-10-14 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula, notmuch

William Casarin <jb55@jb55.com> writes:

> Jani Nikula <jani@nikula.org> writes:
>
>> The information comes from the cli. Can you reproduce this using some
>> notmuch show --format=sexp --body=false query, perhaps on just one of
>> the messages?
>
> I get this:

If I wanted to fix this, would I implement it as a wash function?

https://jb55.com

@ 2017-10-14 19:47       ` William Casarin
From: William Casarin @ 2017-10-14 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jani Nikula, notmuch

Nevermind, the issue seems to go away on master

Sorry for the noise...