* Snoozing messages
@ 2014-11-06 18:48 Daniel Schoepe
From: Daniel Schoepe @ 2014-11-06 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

inspired by my alarm clock and the snooze feature found in some other
mail clients, I cobbled something together that allows snoozing
(i.e. removing a message from the inbox and adding it again later)
messages in notmuch. It's a small script that removes the inbox tag from
messages and schedules a job to add it again later using the at daemon
[1].

Time is specified in the format accepted by the perl library Date::Manip
[2]. It supports both absolute dates as well as relative times such as
"+5min".

The code is available here: https://github.com/dschoepe/notmuch-snooze

Best regards,
Daniel

[1] https://packages.qa.debian.org/a/at.html
[2] http://search.cpan.org/~sbeck/Date-Manip/lib/Date/Manip.pod

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Snoozing messages
@ 2014-11-06 19:09 Trevor Jim
From: Trevor Jim @ 2014-11-06 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Schoepe; +Cc: notmuch

BTW my nevermore client for notmuch implements snoozing in elisp. It's barely functional but nice in that it does not rely on a separate daemon like at.
https://github.com/tjim/nevermore

-Trevor

* Re: Snoozing messages
@ 2014-11-06 19:16 ` Daniel Schoepe
From: Daniel Schoepe @ 2014-11-06 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trevor Jim; +Cc: notmuch

Hi Trevor,

yeah I saw that your client implemented that, but didn't want to switch
away from the standard emacs interface. Moreover, by using a daemon like
at the functionality can basically be used with any notmuch interface.

Best regards,
Daniel