* how to configure notmuch-emacs to automatically show application/pgp partsFcc: sent -unread
@ 2017-04-11 13:34 Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2017-04-11 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Dear notmuch users and developers, could one please enlighten me,
how to configure notmuch-emacs in order to automatically show
application/pgp mime parts in emails as in e.g. cryptograhically
signed debian security advisories (as attached).

Thanks, Gregor

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 9317 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1: Type: application/pgp, Size: 2452 bytes --]

From: Salvatore Bonaccorso <carnil@debian.org>
To: debian-security-announce@lists.debian.org
Subject: [SECURITY] [DSA 3828-2] dovecot regression update
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 10:10:28 +0000

* Re: how to configure notmuch-emacs to automatically show application/pgp partsFcc: sent -unread
@ 2017-04-19 13:24 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2017-04-19 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregor Zattler, notmuch

Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:

> Dear notmuch users and developers, could one please enlighten me,
> how to configure notmuch-emacs in order to automatically show
> application/pgp mime parts in emails as in e.g. cryptograhically
> signed debian security advisories (as attached).

I think currently there is no support for application/pgp content
time. The MIME RFC (from 2001!) describes that as "since withdrawn").
I don't know much more about it, maybe a later RFC revived this mime
type.

* Re: how to configure notmuch-emacs to automatically show application/pgp partsFcc: sent -unread
@ 2017-04-19 13:44   ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2017-04-19 13:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregor Zattler, notmuch

David Bremner <david@tethera.net> writes:

> Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> Dear notmuch users and developers, could one please enlighten me,
>> how to configure notmuch-emacs in order to automatically show
>> application/pgp mime parts in emails as in e.g. cryptograhically
>> signed debian security advisories (as attached).
>
> I think currently there is no support for application/pgp content
> time. The MIME RFC (from 2001!) describes that as "since withdrawn").
> I don't know much more about it, maybe a later RFC revived this mime
> type.

By the way, I looked at that message in the debian list archives, and it
is not using application/pgp. So I guess some mail server is "helpfully"
repackaging things on receipt.