* Stolen email list?
@ 2016-03-03 16:07 Johnny Utahh
From: Johnny Utahh @ 2016-03-03 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I recently received email sent to my notmuch-based email address that
was clearly spam. I suspect that notmuch@notmuchmail.org email-address
list may have been stolen. If you're not already aware.

~Johnny

* Re: Stolen email list?
@ 2016-03-03 17:51 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2016-03-03 17:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Johnny Utahh, notmuch

Johnny Utahh <notmuchmail.org@johnnyutahh.com> writes:

> I recently received email sent to my notmuch-based email address that
> was clearly spam. I suspect that notmuch@notmuchmail.org email-address
> list may have been stolen. If you're not already aware.

I'm not aware of any such event. I've CC'd Carl, who runs the lists.

If you have e.g. message-ids of suspect messages, that would potentially
let others on the list check if they had also received them.

I suppose a motivated spammer could scrape the pipermail pages; the
obfuscation there is not exactly difficult to reverse.

* Re: Stolen email list?
@ 2016-03-03 20:28   ` Carl Worth
From: Carl Worth @ 2016-03-03 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner, Johnny Utahh, notmuch