* Permissions of files created by notmuch
@ 2018-03-18  3:30 Georg Faerber
From: Georg Faerber @ 2018-03-18  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi all,

I'm using notmuch 0.26-1+b2 out of Debian unstable.
The files created inside .notmuch/xapian by notmuch are group and world
readable.  Is this on purpose? This seems quite suboptimal, especially
if one is using the recently introduced cleartext indexing feature..

Any feedback appreciated,
cheers,
Georg

* Re: Permissions of files created by notmuch
@ 2018-03-18 13:46 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2018-03-18 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georg Faerber, notmuch

Georg Faerber <georg@riseup.net> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm using notmuch 0.26-1+b2 out of Debian unstable.
> The files created inside .notmuch/xapian by notmuch are group and world
> readable.  Is this on purpose? This seems quite suboptimal, especially
> if one is using the recently introduced cleartext indexing feature..

I would expect Xapian (and hence notmuch) to use the users umask when
creating those files. Are you saying that's not the case, or that you
expect Xapian/notmuch to override the user's umask?

* Re: Permissions of files created by notmuch
@ 2018-03-18 15:17 ` Daniel Kahn Gillmor
From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor @ 2018-03-18 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georg Faerber, notmuch