* Alternative to no longer supported folder:foo* wildcard matching ?
@ 2015-03-09 19:55 Jean-Marc Liotier
From: Jean-Marc Liotier @ 2015-03-09 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello ! I am a brand new Notmuch user (and Mairix emigrant - looks like
I am not the only one here), very impressed with how everything works
right out of the box - thanks to all who made Notmuch !

 From http://notmuchmail.org/news/release-0.18/ I read: "Wildcard
matching (folder:foo*) is no longer supported". Too bad... It is exactly
what I thought I needed to reach mail search nirvana.

So nowadays, is there any other way to express "this folder and all its
subfolders" ? The path: keyword does not seem useful for that with a
maildir with a flat structure of dot.delimited.directories - or is there
something like a dot.delimited.* wildcard ?

Or am I entirely missing some vernacular usage that makes a subfolder
wildcard useless ?