* Help in Emacs config
@ 2023-03-07  5:19 Atanas Janackovski
From: Atanas Janackovski @ 2023-03-07  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I have justed strated using `notmuch' in Emacs (doom configuration), and I love
it! However, there are a couple of things I'd like help with.

1. I have a number of accounts that I use. How do I configure my config to save
   draft messages based on the "From" header?
2. From time to time, I want to view `html' content in my browser. Does anyone
   have any tips on how I would do this? I have tried the below but this did not
   seem to work:

,----
| (add-to-list 'mailcap-mime-data
|              '("text/html" (viewer . "open -a /Applications/Firefox.app")
|                (type . ,(purecopy "text/html"))
|                (test . ,(purecopy "/usr/bin/file -i -L -b %s | grep -q '^.*: *text/html;'"))))
`----

Any help is greatly appreciated, and please let me know if you need more
information about my request.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

--
*Atanas*

* Re: Help in Emacs config
@ 2023-03-07 17:33 ` Carl Worth
From: Carl Worth @ 2023-03-07 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atanas Janackovski, notmuch

On Tue, Mar 07 2023, Atanas Janackovski wrote:
> I have justed strated using `notmuch' in Emacs (doom configuration),
> and I love it!

Great! I'm glad it's useful for you.

> 1. I have a number of accounts that I use. How do I configure my
> config to save draft messages based on the "From" header?

I'm not sure what you're looking for here. Do you want drafts saved in
different locations?

At some level, a draft message is just another message, so you can
search for drafts based on the "From" header just like any other
message.

> 2. From time to time, I want to view `html' content in my
> browser. Does anyone have any tips on how I would do this? I have
> tried the below but this did not seem to work:

This seems to work out of the box for me.

From looking at the contents of my mailcap-mime-data variable, what
sticks out to me is that "text" and then "html" are at different levels
in the structure such as:

 ("text"
  ("html"
   (viewer . "/usr/bin/firefox '%s'")
   (type . "text/html")
   ("nametemplate" . "%s.html")
   (test . t)
   ("description" . "HTML Text")
   (source . user)))

Have fun with notmuch!

-Carl

* Re: Help in Emacs config
@ 2023-03-08  0:07 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-03-08  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atanas Janackovski, notmuch

Atanas Janackovski <atanas.janackovski@gmail.com> writes:

> I have justed strated using `notmuch' in Emacs (doom configuration), and I love
> it! However, there are a couple of things I'd like help with.
>
> 1. I have a number of accounts that I use. How do I configure my config to save
>    draft messages based on the "From" header?

There currently isn't any automated filing rules in the way that
notmuch-fcc-dirs works. It could be done, if there was sufficient
interest (and somebody did it!),

> 2. From time to time, I want to view `html' content in my browser. Does anyone
>    have any tips on how I would do this? I have tried the below but this did not

Not sure if this is what you are after, but you can choose ". o" and
give the name of a browser.