* The unread tag is being swallowed on PGP-signed messages
@ 2023-09-24 17:04 Daniel Corbe
From: Daniel Corbe @ 2023-09-24 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hey All,

I’m currently running notmuch 0.38 on Mac OS installed via brew:

❯ notmuch --version
notmuch 0.38

When running notmuch new, the unread tag is being swallowed up by the signed tag on messages that have been PGP-signed:

❯ notmuch search 'to:notmuch-dev@corbe.net'
thread:000000000001f166  8 mins. ago [1/1(2)] Daniel Corbe; Test da fourth! (inbox signed)

I do have notmuch set up to tag like this when running notmuch new:
❯ notmuch config get new.tags
unread
inbox

Any idea what might be causing this?

* Re: The unread tag is being swallowed on PGP-signed messages
@ 2023-09-24 20:34 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2023-09-24 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Corbe, notmuch

Daniel Corbe <daniel@corbe.net> writes:

> Hey All,
>
> I’m currently running notmuch 0.38 on Mac OS installed via brew:

I can duplicate this behaviour running 0.38 on Debian.

> When running notmuch new, the unread tag is being swallowed up by the signed tag on messages that have been PGP-signed:
>
> ❯ notmuch search 'to:notmuch-dev@corbe.net'
> thread:000000000001f166  8 mins. ago [1/1(2)] Daniel Corbe; Test da fourth! (inbox signed)

> Any idea what might be causing this?

I suspect it's related to having multiple copies of the file, one
without the ,S maildir flag (because the message was already known when
notmuch found that file). There is some related discussion at [1] (and
particularly [2]) but alas not much progress since then.

[1]: https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/871rqp97o0.fsf@iris.silentflame.com
[2]: https://nmbug.notmuchmail.org/nmweb/show/87zgjy4xto.fsf%40tethera.net\r