* Hiding text/plain with notmuch-multipart/alternative-discouraged
@ 2024-04-28 15:34 Jon Fineman
From: Jon Fineman @ 2024-04-28 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I see that if I set this variable to the below value it will hide
text/plain, which is what I would like.

notmuch-multipart/alternative-discouraged '("text/plain" "multipart/related")

However I see that when I forward an email that has a text/plain part
that part does not show up in the forwarded email. Just the text/html
part.

Is there a way to hide parts while displaying an email and not hide or
hide different parts when forwarding?

Thanks.

Jon

* Re: Hiding text/plain with notmuch-multipart/alternative-discouraged
@ 2024-04-30 17:33 ` Jon Fineman
From: Jon Fineman @ 2024-04-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Jon Fineman <jon@fineman.me> writes:

> I see that if I set this variable to the below value it will hide
> text/plain, which is what I would like.
>
> notmuch-multipart/alternative-discouraged '("text/plain" "multipart/related")
>
> However I see that when I forward an email that has a text/plain part
> that part does not show up in the forwarded email. Just the text/html
> part.
>
> Is there a way to hide parts while displaying an email and not hide or
> hide different parts when forwarding?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jon

I was testing this further and was not able to recreate it. So
apparently I must have been hallucinating. Sorry for the noise.