* archives and pictures display by default
@ 2017-01-04 21:29 Tomas Nordin
From: Tomas Nordin @ 2017-01-04 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hello Notmuchers

When I get zip files as attachment with pictures, they all expand for
viewing. Can I turn this off?

Best regards
--
Tomas Nordin | (The computing freedom explorer)
GPG Key: AB09AF78

* Re: archives and pictures display by default
@ 2017-01-07 13:18 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2017-01-07 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomas Nordin, notmuch

Tomas Nordin <tomasn@posteo.net> writes:

> Hello Notmuchers
>
> When I get zip files as attachment with pictures, they all expand for
> viewing. Can I turn this off?
>
> Best regards
> --

I agree this a bad default. I haven't had a chance to investigate much,
but it seems like the place we can control this is by setting
mm-inline-media-tests. IIUC, the third element of the alist element is a
function to test if the part should be inlined. By default this is
#'identity, which unconditionally inlines zip archives.

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: archives and pictures display by default
@ 2017-01-07 13:40   ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2017-01-07 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomas Nordin, notmuch