* Installation on Mac OS X Lion
@ 2012-02-05  8:27 Saurabh Nanda
From: Saurabh Nanda @ 2012-02-05  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

I'm trying to install notmuchmail on my Mac box, but have (obviously)
run into dependancy issues (Xapian, GMime, Glib, talloc). Has anyone
managed to install notmuchmail on Mac OS X? How painful is it? Is it
possible to have a binary package for this?

Thanks,
Saurabh.
--
http://www.saurabhnanda.com

* Re: Installation on Mac OS X Lion
@ 2012-02-06 19:50 ` Blake Sweeney
From: Blake Sweeney @ 2012-02-06 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saurabh Nanda, notmuch

Quoting Saurabh Nanda (2012-02-05 03:27:38)
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to install notmuchmail on my Mac box, but have (obviously)
>run into dependancy issues (Xapian, GMime, Glib, talloc). Has anyone
>managed to install notmuchmail on Mac OS X? How painful is it? Is it
>possible to have a binary package for this?

I have notmuch installed on os x though I'm on 10.5. I used homebrew
(http://mxcl.github.com/homebrew/) to install it orginally. It took care of all
the dependencies. There may be macports of fink packages, but I haven't checked.
I later upgraded to 10.2 by installing notmuch manually. I had some troubles
with the python bindings, but I think that was just because my glib was too old.
Installing a glib a newer 2.4.x glib fixed it.

Blake