* Unable to search for emails with content with a given MIME type
@ 2014-02-27 20:31 Petter Reinholdtsen
From: Petter Reinholdtsen @ 2014-02-27 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Not quite sure where to send a feature request, so I try to follow the
instructions for bug reporst.

I would like to be able to search for emails with content with a given
MIME type.  The latest use case I ran into was my need to locate Notes
and Exchange emails with text/calendar attachments, but I've also needed
to find application/pdf and application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
emails.

Please consider extending notmuch to be able to search for specific mime
types, for example using attachment:text/calendar or mime:text/calendar
or something like that.  Or perhaps just index up the mime content type
value, to allow me to search for "tag:attachment and text/calendar".

PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.
--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen

* Re: Unable to search for emails with content with a given MIME type
@ 2015-01-28  2:01 ` Todd
From: Todd @ 2015-01-28  2:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Petter Reinholdtsen, notmuch

Petter,

The feature you wanted was committed a few days ago (searching with a
"mimetype:" prefix).  Searching for "mimetype:calendar" would get any
"text/calendar" or "ics/calendar" attachments.

(Replying to the list so it will appear in the list archive as well.)

Thanks,
Todd

Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> writes:

> Not quite sure where to send a feature request, so I try to follow the
> instructions for bug reporst.
>
> I would like to be able to search for emails with content with a given
> MIME type.  The latest use case I ran into was my need to locate Notes
> and Exchange emails with text/calendar attachments, but I've also needed
> to find application/pdf and application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
> emails.
>
> Please consider extending notmuch to be able to search for specific mime
> types, for example using attachment:text/calendar or mime:text/calendar
> or something like that.  Or perhaps just index up the mime content type
> value, to allow me to search for "tag:attachment and text/calendar".
>
> PS: Please CC me on replies, as I am not subscribed to the list.
> --
> Happy hacking
> Petter Reinholdtsen

[-- Attachment #2.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unable to search for emails with content with a given MIME type
@ 2015-02-04 20:53   ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-02-04 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 08:01:31PM -0600, Todd wrote:

> The feature you wanted was committed a few days ago (searching with a
> "mimetype:" prefix).  Searching for "mimetype:calendar" would get any
> "text/calendar" or "ics/calendar" attachments.

I am using notmuch from HEAD, but I do not get any results with
mimetype:<word>.  Is this only available for new emails?  If so, how do
I enable, searching with mimetype: for old emails?

Suvayu

* Re: Unable to search for emails with content with a given MIME type
@ 2015-02-04 21:08     ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2015-02-04 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Suvayu Ali, notmuch

Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 08:01:31PM -0600, Todd wrote:
>>
>> The feature you wanted was committed a few days ago (searching with a
>> "mimetype:" prefix).  Searching for "mimetype:calendar" would get any
>> "text/calendar" or "ics/calendar" attachments.
>
> I am using notmuch from HEAD, but I do not get any results with
> mimetype:<word>.  Is this only available for new emails?  If so, how do
> I enable, searching with mimetype: for old emails?

You'll have to dump your tags, re-index, and restore your tags.

* Re: Unable to search for emails with content with a given MIME type
@ 2015-02-05  7:51       ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2015-02-05  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Bremner; +Cc: notmuch

Hi David,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 10:08:57PM +0100, David Bremner wrote:
> Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 08:01:31PM -0600, Todd wrote:
> >>
> >> The feature you wanted was committed a few days ago (searching with a
> >> "mimetype:" prefix).  Searching for "mimetype:calendar" would get any
> >> "text/calendar" or "ics/calendar" attachments.
> >
> > I am using notmuch from HEAD, but I do not get any results with
> > mimetype:<word>.  Is this only available for new emails?  If so, how do
> > I enable, searching with mimetype: for old emails?
> >

> You'll have to dump your tags, re-index, and restore your tags.

I thought that might be needed.  It worked very nicely :).

Cheers,

--
Suvayu