* [bug] [wish] notmuch should search on date received
@ 2015-05-03 10:14 Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2015-05-03 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Dear notmuch developers,

I wished notmuch could search on (the top most) Received: -header
since not all emails have correct Date: -headers.

Rationale: Show all emails since yesterday…  This is immensely
important for my work flow.

Ciao, Gregor
--
 -... --- .-. . -.. ..--.. ...-.-

* Re: [bug] [wish] notmuch should search on date received
@ 2015-05-04  8:25 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2015-05-04  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gregor Zattler, notmuch

Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:

> Dear notmuch developers,
>
> I wished notmuch could search on (the top most) Received: -header
> since not all emails have correct Date: -headers.
>
> Rationale: Show all emails since yesterday…  This is immensely
> important for my work flow.

These are two somewhat different requests. Being able to search on the
Received headers would involve a usual kind of term search, but not date
searching.  This might be problematic as a default because of the volume
of received headers.  In order to use it for date search, it would need
to be parsed for data information and either override the Date:-header
or provide a second prefix like received-date.  Or maybe a single
message could have multiple date: prefixed terms, I'm not sure.

* Re: notmuch should search on date received
@ 2015-05-05 16:58   ` Gregor Zattler
From: Gregor Zattler @ 2015-05-05 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

Hi David,
* David Bremner <david@tethera.net> [04. May. 2015]:
> Gregor Zattler <telegraph@gmx.net> writes:
>> I wished notmuch could search on (the top most) Received: -header
>> since not all emails have correct Date: -headers.
>>
>> Rationale: Show all emails since yesterday…  This is immensely
>> important for my work flow.
>
> These are two somewhat different requests. Being able to search on the
> Received headers would involve a usual kind of term search, but not date
> searching.

This way one could at least search for years but it would not be
convenient.

> This might be problematic as a default because of the volume
> of received headers.  In order to use it for date search, it would need
> to be parsed for data information and either override the Date:-header
> or provide a second prefix like received-date.

This is what I wish for.  There are several Received: -headers,
the top most contains the actual moment when the email arrived on
the system.  I would like to search for date ranges of arrival.

> Or maybe a single
> message could have multiple date: prefixed terms, I'm not sure.

This I don’t understand.

Ciao, Gregor
--