* reindex a message already indexed
@ 2015-02-06  9:09 francois
From: francois @ 2015-02-06  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I would like to know is it is possible to force reindexation of an
already indexed message (without losing the tags, of course).

The concerned messages had their content changed but this not
reflected in notmuch search results.

Would changing the filename work ?

F.

* Re: reindex a message already indexed
@ 2015-02-16 11:39 ` David Bremner
From: David Bremner @ 2015-02-16 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: francois, notmuch

francois@avalenn.eu writes:

> I would like to know is it is possible to force reindexation of an
> already indexed message (without losing the tags, of course).
>
> The concerned messages had their content changed but this not
> reflected in notmuch search results.
>
> Would changing the filename work ?

I don't think so with the current code. I didn't go back and stare at
the indexing code, but I believe it stops when it recognizes the
message-id.  Maybe you could rename and change the message-id. But then
you'd lose the tags; you'd also have to worry about duplicate files for
the same message.