* python bindings in os x
@ 2013-07-01 15:40 Steven Schmeiser
From: Steven Schmeiser @ 2013-07-01 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: notmuch

I'm curious to try notmuch with the alot frontend, but I'm having a hard time getting the python bindings to work on OS X.  I have tried with notmuch installed from homebrew as well as compiled from git.

I think the issue has something to do with shared versus dynamic libraries on OS X, but these are not things that I'm familiar with and able to troubleshoot.  When I try to run alot, I get the following error:

  ImportError: Could not find shared 'notmuch' library.

It does appear that there are dynamic libs for notmuch in a place that python can find them.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Steve

* Re: python bindings in os x
@ 2013-07-02  6:08 ` Tomi Ollila
From: Tomi Ollila @ 2013-07-02  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven Schmeiser, notmuch

See http://mid.gmane.org/1372171016-11935-1-git-send-email-tomi.ollila@iki.fi

> Cheers,
> Steve

Tomi

* Re: python bindings in os x
@ 2013-07-02 13:45   ` Steven Schmeiser
From: Steven Schmeiser @ 2013-07-02 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tomi Ollila; +Cc: notmuch

I applied the patch in the mailing list and it worked great.  Thanks!

Steve