unofficial mirror of meta@public-inbox.org
* does "lei init" even need to exist?
@ 2021-03-25  8:32 Eric Wong
From: Eric Wong @ 2021-03-25  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: meta

All the commands just initialize the config and store on an
as-needed basis, so I'm starting to think it's an unnecessary
thing I mindlessly copied from git...

I'd honestly forgotten the command exists until now.

* Re: does "lei init" even need to exist?
@ 2021-03-26  1:15 ` Kyle Meyer
From: Kyle Meyer @ 2021-03-26  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Wong; +Cc: meta

Eric Wong writes:

> All the commands just initialize the config and store on an
> as-needed basis, so I'm starting to think it's an unnecessary
> thing I mindlessly copied from git...

If somebody wants to use some place other than $XDG_DATA_HOME/lei/store,
I guess `lei init /other/location' provides an easy way to do that.  I'm
not really sure there's much value in that, though.