* gwl-0.5.1 released [stable]
@ 2022-11-13 19:57 Ricardo Wurmus
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2022-11-13 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: info-gnu; +Cc: gwl-devel, guix-devel
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2680 bytes --]
We are pleased to announce the release of the GNU Guix Workflow
Language version 0.5.1, representing 17 commits by two people,
incorporating the results of productive discussions among a number of
helpful people on the #guix and #guix-hpc IRC channels on libera.chat
and on the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list.
This is a maintenance release with a number of bug fixes.
For details see the NEWS excerpt below. See also the manual:
The Guix Workflow Language (GWL) provides an extension to GNU Guix's
declarative language for package management to automate the
execution of programs in scientific workflows. The GWL can use
process engines to integrate with various computing environments.
Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:
gpg --verify gwl-0.5.1.tar.gz.sig
If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys BCA689B636553801C3C62150197A5888235FACAC
and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.
This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
* Changes in 0.5.1 (since 0.5.0)
** Package handling
- Packages are now handled as Guix manifests instead of plain lists. This makes handling of package outputs nondestructive. It also fixes an unrelated issue in the ordering of process packages – the implicit bash-minimal is now ordered last.
** Bug fixes
- Fix argument parsing handler for =max-file-size= option.
- Fix argument paring validation for =workflow-directory= option.
- Fix secondary argument parsing for input mapping. This was likely broken by commit 2a5a34bc2062ccd04d33d61530a1e9ed03140d82 that causes “--” to be passed as an argument to the GWL entry point.
- Use an identity comparison for all lookups of processes in hash tables. This is a continuation of work done in 0.5.0.
- Remove over-zealous caching of processes based on identical procedures. This would ignore differences in the execution environment.
- The contents of input files are now hashed instead of just their metadata.
[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 511 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-11-13 19:58 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-11-13 19:57 gwl-0.5.1 released [stable] Ricardo Wurmus
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).