* GNU Guix Workflow Language 0.2.0 released
@ 2020-02-16 12:57 Ricardo Wurmus
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ricardo Wurmus @ 2020-02-16 12:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: info-gnu; +Cc: guix-devel, gwl-devel
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3250 bytes --]
We are pleased to announce the release of the GNU Guix Workflow
Language version 0.2.0, representing 383 commits by 3 people.
This release contains a number of big, incompatible changes compared
to the previous release 0.1.1. The "guix process" command has been
removed in favor of a single "guix workflow" command and workflows are
now loaded from files instead of finding them in Guile modules on
GUIX_WORKFLOW_PATH. Workflows can now be specified in Wisp syntax in
addition to the S-expression Scheme syntax. For details see the
section on changes below, or take a look at the manual:
The Guix Workflow Language (GWL) provides an extension to GNU Guix's
declarative language for package management to automate the
execution of programs in scientific workflows. The GWL can use
process engines to integrate with various computing environments.
Here are the compressed sources and a GPG detached signature[*]:
Use a mirror for higher download bandwidth:
[*] Use a .sig file to verify that the corresponding file (without the
.sig suffix) is intact. First, be sure to download both the .sig file
and the corresponding tarball. Then, run a command like this:
gpg --verify gwl-0.2.0.tar.gz.sig
If that command fails because you don't have the required public key,
then run this command to import it:
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys BCA689B636553801C3C62150197A5888235FACAC
and rerun the 'gpg --verify' command.
This release was bootstrapped with the following tools:
• Changes in 0.2.0 (since 0.1.1)
** Command line interface
* Remove the “guix process” command.
* Remove GUIX_WORKFLOW_PATH; load workflows from files instead.
* Add --container flag to enable process isolation
** Workflow syntax
* Support Wisp syntax in workflow files.
* Add syntactic sugar for defining workflows and processes.
* Support syntax for procedures written in languages other than Guile.
* Add graph syntax to specify process dependencies.
* Add “auto-connect” helper to automatically link up process inputs and outputs.
* Deprecate the “restrictions” field in workflow records in favor of “auto-connect” and “graph” syntax in the “processes” field.
* Fields of the “process” form that expect lists now also accept multiple values.
* Add “on” procedure for application of higher-order functions to collections
* Add “expand” procedure to expand variables in file name templates
** Execution engines
* Add simple execution engine and use it by default instead of the bash-engine.
** Programming interface
* Remove modules “(guix processes)” and “(guix workflows)”. Use “(gwl processes)” and “(gwl workflows)” instead.
* Remove “define-dynamically” macro
* Use GOOPS instead of “(guix records)”
* Add manual in Texinfo format
[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 487 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-02-16 12:57 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-02-16 12:57 GNU Guix Workflow Language 0.2.0 released Ricardo Wurmus
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).