all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
To: Martin Castillo <castilma@uni-bremen.de>, help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: creating a manifest
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 11:52:20 +0000	[thread overview]

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 7191 bytes --]

Hi,

thanks very much for your help.

1.
> When I was opening that profile I used musescore, I had to close it
>>> and then open audacity and so on.
>>> It seems to me I can’t open several packages at once.
>>> Or I don’t know how to do it, if possible.

Sorry, this was my mistake.

the terminal doesn’t show the "prompt" (I don’t know how it is called)
gfp@Tuxedo ~ after opening one package
only if I enlarge the terminal, than it shows up.
2.
> Two ways that you can do it:
>> 1) With two terminals:
>>     1. In the first one run:
>>        $ source ~/Projekte/Musik/guix-profil/etc/profile;
>>        $ mscore;
>>     2. In the the second terminal run:
>>        $ source ~/Projekte/Musik/guix-profil/etc/profile;
>>        $ vlc;
>>
>> 2) With one terminal:
>>        Run the first, (or all commands) in the background, so that the
>>        shell directly prompts you for the next command:
>>        $ source ~/Projekte/Musik/guix-profil/etc/profile;
>>        $ mscore &
>>        $ vlc &
>>        $

with the first and second possibility you mentioned
I can open several packages, which is good.

But it opened Musescore 4.0.2, which shouldn’t.
and I don’t understand why.

and there are loads of messages:
> gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix shell -p ~/Projekte/Musik/guix-profil
> gfp@Tuxedo ~ [env]$ mscore &
> [1] 5761
> gfp@Tuxedo ~ [env]$ ZoomBox::setLogicalZoom(): Formatting logical zoom level as 100% (rounded from 1.000000)
> ZoomBox::setLogicalZoom(): Formatting logical zoom level as 100% (rounded from 1.000000)
> qrc:/qml/palettes/PaletteTree.qml:772:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> qrc:/qml/palettes/Palette.qml:766:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> qrc:/qml/palettes/Palette.qml:766:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> qrc:/qml/palettes/Palette.qml:766:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> ScoreFont::draw: invalid sym 0

I don’t know what to do with them.

3.
with the command:
gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix shell -p ~/Projekte/Musik/guix-profil

it opened Musescore 3.6.2   which I want, and that is in that manifest
installed.

But with this command there are messages:

> gfp@Tuxedo ~ [env]$ ZoomBox::setLogicalZoom(): Formatting logical zoom level as 100% (rounded from 1.000000)
> ZoomBox::setLogicalZoom(): Formatting logical zoom level as 100% (rounded from 1.000000)
> qrc:/qml/palettes/PaletteTree.qml:772:5: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> qrc:/qml/palettes/Palette.qml:766:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> qrc:/qml/palettes/Palette.qml:766:13: QML Connections: Implicitly defined onFoo properties in Connections are deprecated. Use this syntax instead: function onFoo(<arguments>) { ... }
> ScoreFont::draw: invalid sym 0

I don’t know what that means.
4.
>> What would be the difference to have several profiles in my main profile
>> without haveing guix home,
>
> What do you mean by having several profiles in your main profile?
> AFAIK there is no way to put one profile inside another.
> Do you mean several packages in one profile?

I didn’t know how to call it.
I meant by "main profile" the profile which I had in the beginning after
installing Guix.
before I created other profiles.
(/home/gfp/.config/guix/current
/home/gfp/.guix-profile)
How do you call it?
my "dot profiles"?

gfp@Tuxedo ~$ guix package --list-profiles
/home/gfp/Projekte/EmacsManifest/guix-profil
/home/gfp/Projekte/GNUCash/guix-profil
/home/gfp/Projekte/Lilypond/guix-profil
/home/gfp/Projekte/Musescore/guix-profil
/home/gfp/Projekte/Musik/guix-profil
/home/gfp/Projekte/Photoflare/guix-profil
/home/gfp/.config/guix/current
/home/gfp/.guix-profile

5.
to hack on Guix is quite difficult without having studied

kind regards

Gottfried