all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: phodina via <help-guix@gnu.org>
To: help-guix <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: How to add custom channels to ISO
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 16:00:42 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

I'm migrating to a newer machine and I'm taking my GuixSD configuration with me.

So the first logical step I did was to create an ISO image based on this section [1]. As I use my custom channel with modified packages I added them to the configuration to make them available on the new machine.

Or so I thought. I booted and partitioned the new machine then ran
guix system init /root/configurations.scm /mnt to install Guix there.

However, after reboot turns out that the packages are not from my channel but from public Guix repository without modifications.

Therefore my question is if it's possible to specify also channels in the configuration file so that they are used during installation?

Reading the manual I came to a nice command guix system describe [2] which gives me the current configuration with the channels. Could that be used to build an ISO which would then also know about the additional channels?
Kind regards
Petr

[1]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Building-the-Installation-Image.html
[2]: https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/guix.html#Invoking-guix-describe