all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Drew C <me@drewc.ca>
To: help-guix@gnu.org
Cc: Mark Meyer <mark@ofosos.org>
Subject: How to use jack and qjackctl on GuixSD?
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 13:33:20 -0700	[thread overview]

Hey,

I am a musician that produces a lot of things, and I use Ardour with jackd
for the most part.

On most of the other distros I've tried, installing and running qjackctl is
enough. On GuixSD it will not seem to work. It does seem to start it as
there is a PID, but cannot connect to the socket, does not run in
real-time, etc.

Any direction on where to go? I am a software developer as well and do not
mind getting my hands dirty at all, so let me know.

Cheers,

Drew Crampsie