all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Sarthak Shah <shahsarthakw@gmail.com>
To: Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl>
Cc: "Gábor Boskovits" <gboskovits@gmail.com>,
	"Guix Devel" <guix-devel@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: GSoC news
Date: Fri, 5 May 2023 03:35:43 +0530	[thread overview]

Hello Guix,

Thanks for having me onboard!
I hope that my project will prove useful to Guix.

My project is about implementing Parameterized Packages, which will add
optional Gentoo USE flag-like functionality to Guix packages. This will not
only help reduce package size but also provide users with greater choice
with how they'd like to use their packages. I believe that this should also
help somewhat relieve the issue of the denseness of guix's dependency
graphs, which was recently being discussed here on the mailing list.

Due to the nature of this project, it will involve taking a lot of inputs
from the Guix community, and thus you can expect a regular thread or two
with updates/feature discussions on this topic in the mailing list.

Once again, thank you for this wonderful opportunity!

Sincerely,
Sarthak (cel7t)