all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Morgan Lemmer Webber <morganlemmerwebber@gmail.com>
To: Christine Lemmer-Webber <cwebber@dustycloud.org>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: An appeal to empathy on actual hurt caused by this thread
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 18:40:21 -0500	[thread overview]

Hello! I am Morgan Lemmer-Webber, a cis-gendered woman who is a guix user
(though not a developer). I have been an active member of the FOSS world,
am co-host of a FOSS podcast, and overall have had delightful interactions
with the guix community. As Christine said, I do also have a PhD in Art
History with a focus on the social history of women, and therefore am well
versed in feminist theory.

That being said, I have zero interest in being the tolken cis-woman in any
group of people. In fact, this type of gender-essentialist conversation
being raised by men in an attempt to speak for women (who may or may not
want to join a community) without actually consulting women (who may or may
not already be in that community) is exactly the type of interaction that
would make me take pause before joining a community.