all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: BYRON ELIAS MOLINA HERMOSILLA <byron.molina03@inacapmail.cl>
To: Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@debian.org>
Cc: "help-guix@gnu.org" <help-guix@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Help Installing GuixSD on ThinkPad X60 tablet
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 22:53:45 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Vagrant!

That seems logical, but I'm really sure I typed the correct passphrase and yes, it only asked me those 2 times, I admit, I typed it incorrectly a couple times, but when I did it told me it was incorrect, and asked me the same passphrase again.

I used the guix-system-install-1.0.1.i686-linux iso, verified the authenticity of the image and got:

gpg: assuming signed data in 'guix-system-install-1.0.1.i686-linux.iso.xz'
gpg: Signature made Sun 19 May 2019 04:47:37 PM EDT
gpg:                using RSA key 3CE464558A84FDC69DB40CFB090B11993D9AEBB5
gpg: Good signature from "Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org>" [unknown]
gpg:                 aka "Ludovic Courtès <ludo@chbouib.org>" [unknown]
gpg:                 aka "Ludovic Courtès (Inria) <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr>" [unknown]
gpg:          There is no indication that the signature belongs to the owner.
Primary key fingerprint: 3CE4 6455 8A84 FDC6 9DB4  0CFB 090B 1199 3D9A EBB5

And the system configuration (which I had to write down on hand so beware if you find any syntactic or semantic errors, I reviewed several times but, in case):

(use-modules (gnu))
(use-service-modules desktop networking ssh xorg)

(operating-system
    (locale "en_US.utf8")
    (timezone "America/Santiago")
    (keyboard-layout
        (keyboard-layout "us" "alt-intl"))
    (bootloader
        (bootloader-configuration
            (bootloader grub-bootloader)
            (target "/dev/sda")
            (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))
    (mapped-devices
        (list   (mapped-device
                    (source
                        (uuid "xxxx"))
                    (target "cryptroot")
                    (type luks-device-mapping))
                (mapped-device
                    (source
                        (uuid "yyyy"))
                    (target "crypthome")
                    (type luks-device-mapping))))
    (file-systems
        (cons*  (file-system
                    (mount-point "/")
                    (device "/dev/mapper/cryptroot")
                    (type "ext4")
                    (dependencies mapped-devices))
                (file-system
                    (mount-point "/home")
                    (device "/dev/mapper/crypthome")
                    (type "ext4")
                    (dependencies mapped-devices))
                %base-file-systems))
    (host-name "my-hostname")
    (users
        (cons*   (user-account
                    (name "my-user")
                    (comment "my-full-name")
                    (group "users")
                    (home-directory "/home/my-user")
                    (supplementary-groups
                        '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video")))
                %base-user-accounts))
    (packages
        (append
            (list   (specification->package "i3-wm")
                    (specification->package "nss-certs"))
            %base-packages))
    (services
        (append
            (list   (service gnome-desktop-service-type)
                    (service tor-service-type)
                    (set xorg-configuration
                        (xorg-configuration
                            (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout))))
            %desktop-services)))

I also saw in the web that only libreboot could see an encrypted /boot, not the case for the proprietary BIOS, is that true? Maybe that should be the reason it sent me to a Guile REPL?

Thanks for contacting me!

Byron Elías Molina Hermosilla,

Software Engineering Student,

INACAP Renca, Chile.