all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Fabio Natali <me@fabionatali.com>
To: Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Emacs EXWM requires restart after a Guix Home reconfigure
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 10:32:26 +0100	[thread overview]

On 2023-04-17, 14:08 -0400, Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there's nothing special about 'guix home' or ExWM here; it
> happens with any Emacs package installation; Emacs must be restarted
> completely (M-x guix-emacs-autoload-packages doesn't suffice).  It's a
> regression that was introduced with the move to use
> subdirectories/subdirs files for the Emacs package installation
> layout, in 79cfe30f3eb10bd3dbf7aa0f6e873c945d7d0ea5 ("build-system:
> emacs: Use subdirectories again."), if memory serves.

Hi Maxim, many thanks for getting back to me!

Yeah, I think you're right re this not being related to Guix Home and
EXWM. (Although EXWM has made things worse for me, as restarting the
Emacs server now means restarting X, basically.)

> We should open a bug about that and see if we can come up with a fix!

Ok cool, I'll open a bug report then (with no mention of EXWM and Guix
Home), if that's alright.

Cheers, Fabio.