all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Pierre Langlois <pierre.langlois@gmx.com>
To: Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
Cc: Demis Balbach <db@minikn.xyz>, andrew@trop.in, guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Getting tree-sitter grammars in Guix
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2023 21:01:32 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi all!

Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On sam., 04 févr. 2023 at 20:27, Demis Balbach <db@minikn.xyz> wrote:
>
>> My understanding is that I need to provide emacs with tree-sitter
>> support as an input for this to work, which I did, but it'll fail with

>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-missing "Cannot open load file" "No such file or directory" "treesit")
>>
>> Maybe someone can help me here. I tried looking at other package
>> definitions, but I don't know if there are any emacs packages that
>> require tree-sitter packaged in Guix yet.
>
> Could you share your definition of Emacs variant allowing tree-sitter?
>
> Please note it is not clear for me if the tree-sitter parsers should be
> provided by Guix since 1. they are auto-generated and so it is against
> the effort to debootstrap and 2. they are often very large.

Seeing this discussion just now, you'll probably want to take a look at
the series I've been working on which addresses this (at least I hope
so, reviews on the source-only bootstrapping welcome!).

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/49946#215

I still need to work on it and address feedback, however I've not had
any time for Guix the last couple of months.

Hope this helps avoid work duplication! If people need this work in
sonner than later and I'm not able to see it through in time, I'm happy
for someone else to pick it up. Although hopefully I'll have some time
next weekend.

Thanks!
Pierre