all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Pierre Neidhardt <ambrevar@gmail.com>
To: Jone <yeger9@gmail.com>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Right way: define, build and install
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 18:10:21 +0200	[thread overview]

Jone <yeger9@gmail.com> writes:

> About off-topic, if I understood you correctly, I have Rmail with
> default settings. I do not know.

Correction: I'm at UTC+2, like Julien.

Julien, you got the same time as me, right?

From the raw content of Jone's email,

Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 18:43:27 +0000

The above date is still in the future as of this writing.  The timezone
must be wrong.

What's your system timezone?  I think there is some configuration clash
between Rmail, your SMTP agent and your system timezone.

> I go and look, but there are no comments :-(

Comments are only used when deemed necessary, that is, mostly for
unusual code.

For the first time it might take some time to grasp the mechanics of
Guix package declarations.  Proceed step by step, change by change,
until you get something working.  Post your code and the error message
and Guix users will be able to help you out.

That said, I reckon the manual would certainly benefit from a detailed
package declaration example where all fields would be carefully
dissected for the first-time packagers.

--
Pierre Neidhardt