all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Michael Rohleder <mike@rohleder.de>
To: Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Cc: go.wigust@gmail.com, 45108@debbugs.gnu.org, rdes@protonmail.com
Subject: [bug#45108] Added emacs-burly
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2020 21:43:11 +0100	[thread overview]

> Oleg Pykhalov <go.wigust@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Pushed with changes above to master.
>
> I don't think the emacs-map package is needed as a propagated inputs
> since it ships with Emacs. Have you tried building emacs-burly without
> it?
>
> For the same reason I'm not even sure we need to provide emacs-map at
> all (we do not provide emacs-seq either).
>
> WDYT?

I think, emacs-seq has shown that packages "extracted" from emacs (here:
map, xref, project) can be problematic if they become older than the one
that ship with emacs (and are deeper in the graph?).  Not sure, maybe
this is already an issue for emacs-next users?!

--
	Brian Kernighan has an automobile which he helped design.
Unlike most automobiles, it has neither speedometer, nor gas gauge, nor