all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Simon Tournier <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>
To: Distopico <distopico@riseup.net>
Cc: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Pinned versions should be a requirement.
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2023 12:39:22 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi,

On Thu, 07 Sep 2023 at 10:35, Distopico <distopico@riseup.net> wrote:

> In terms of haskell I notice an incompetence of versions so even GHC are
> semver the required version was other and several packages are taking
> "text" internal GHC type and no the required package, you can see that
> in this patch https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64840

Sorry for the late reply on this bug.  I did not take the time for
looking at it since my come back from summer holidays.  I have marked it
since weeks… :-)

> I'm referring to something more like `cargo tree --depth=N` or `cabal freeze` to
> see all the dependencias like

> my_package v0.1.0 (/gnu/rust.scm)
> └── rust-rand v0.7.3
>     ├── rust-getrandom v0.1.14
>     │   ├── rust-cfg-if v0.1.10
>     │   └── rust-libc v0.2.68
>     ├── rust-libc v0.2.68 (*)
>     ├── rust-rand_chacha v0.2.2
>     │   ├── rust-ppv-lite86 v0.2.6
>     │   └── rust-rand-core v0.5.1
>     │       └── rust-libc v0.1.14 (*) ---->> We can detect this!
>     └── rust-rand-core v0.5.1 (*)
> [native-inputs]
> └── cc v1.0.50

guix graph?

Well, there is no “plain” backend.  Such backend had been discussed in
#43477 [1].

1: https://issues.guix.gnu.org/43477

Cheers,
simon