all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Florian <florhizome@posteo.net>
To: 52510@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#52510: (no subject)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 17:13:57 +0000	[thread overview]

 Hey all,
 I've been having this problem, too. Maybe since I had mentioned it several
 times on IRC, this conversation was sent to me per dm for my answer to it
 from another user. My conclusion after some testing around has been, that
 it was most definitely icon theme packages causing the lag. (which has
 made me able to avoid it better). And this is still around for me, even
 after c-u-f:
 Installing a profile using the appended manifest with two icon themes on my
 thinkpad x230 will take several minutes, unforseen for any other profile
 of two packages that i have installed for now (obviously it goes fluently
 except for the profile building part). I haven't measured anything, bc I
 think it's pretty obvious once you try out, and i'm not sure how to
 measure the profile building phase, but I'll happily send some
  measurements, if you have suggestions.