all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl>
To: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Guix Days and FOSDEM 2021
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 15:04:48 +0100	[thread overview]

As we have a devroom at FOSDEM 2021 we decided to organise an online
Guix day too on Feb. 8th. 2021. Unlike other years it is an online
event which also gives the opportunity to have people attend from all
over the world! We are making it a one day event of 12 hours so we can
start with Asia, move into Europe and on to the USA!

We'll likely have some (recorded) talks half way the day. The rest of
the day is organized as an unconference with different topics and
possibly different rooms much as we do in in the live version in
Brussels every year.

Anyone wanting to organise a session is invited to post an idea to the
wiki page. Prerecordings and/or reading material are welcome so people
can prepare for discussion. Edit:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/FOSDEM2021

During the FOSDEM devroom we'll ask speakers to mention Guix and the
fringe event. We will organise a support room for Guix installation and
use that runs the whole day.

The organisers of this day are Manolis, Pjotr, Bonface and Efraim with
support from the Guix development team. We hope to see you all at
FOSDEM and during the Guix day!