all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Nils Gillmann <ng0@n0.is>
To: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Redefining the maximum path length [Fwd: Re: [GNUnet-developers] using $TMPDIR instead of /tmp]
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 18:59:23 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi folks,

we did some changes in GNUnet where my part of the job reminded me again
of the path length Linux has as default.

I know there's at least (only?) 1 file in the Linux kernel which defines
the path length. Where else would we need to apply changes as a distro?

I think if there are really no serious implications of extending the length,
we should make the path longer. Not just for GNUnet. To avoid future annoyance.

What do you think? And if you are against it, what should I look into
that supports keeping the arbitrary short number we have now?

----- Forwarded message from Christian Grothoff -----

> On 05/06/2018 08:34 PM, Nils Gillmann wrote:
> > Christian Grothoff transcribed 2.9K bytes:
[snip]

----- End forwarded message -----