all messages for Guix-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: 白い熊 <help-guix_gnu.org@sumou.com>
To: "Ludovic Courtès" <ludo@gnu.org>
Cc: help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Guix on Android, getaddrinfo, failure in name resolution
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 13:55:23 +0000	[thread overview]

On February 13, 2019 6:19:59 PM UTC, "白い熊@相撲道" <help-guix_gnu.org@sumou.com> wrote:

OK through extended trial and error I've determined the following —
only group passwd resolv.conf and services need to be created in /etc

It then struck me to start with a clean guix binary install file — and
here's the surprise — Guix has internet access up until the middle of
the first guix pull, whence it fails on pulling the pem files.

If you run in once more it'll pull guix itself, then it'll fail.

On the third “guix pull” it'll just fail with the name resolution
failure and that's it.

After this it doesn't pull anything and exhibits the behavior I've
reported. What's the issue?

Bellow the full “guix pull” log of the three consecutive runs. What's
happening — why does it fail?

Plus, I checked just to make sure — after this run, in the session, guix clearly can access the internet, as “guix build hello” downloads the hello package nicely. “guix package -i hello” fails, as it downloads other stuff and tries to build curl — whereby building curl fails on tests, as internet access tests for curl make fail.

Don't know why it's not just installing “hello” and wants to install other stuff — substitutes are authorized, that's why “guix build” downloads it directly?

Anyhow — this seems to be specific issue — armhf related? Why is it failing on “guix pull” with the name resolution failure? It seems to be revolving around this.

Anything else I can debug?
--
白い熊@相撲道