unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Online meet-up: talk by Ludovic Courtès
@ 2024-05-04  9:01 Steve George
From: Steve George @ 2024-05-04  9:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hi,

I'm always interested to hear about the history and future of projects I follow. So I'm looking forward to hearing Ludovic Courtès give a talk at the next Guix online meet-up on May 16th.

If you've ever wanted to ask how the project got to be called Guix?, why the init system is called Shepherd? What Ludo thinks is cool and what might happen next in Guix - then add your question to the Wiki here:

https://libreplanet.org/wiki?title=Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024&action=edit&section=4

NOTE: if you can't add your question to the Wiki please email me and I'll add it for you!

As usual the details on how to join the Jitsi and the time are all on the Wiki [0]. We'll have Ludo's talk, time for chatting and who knows maybe some patch reviews!

And, on May 29th David Wilson of System Crafters will be giving a talk: you might know that David is currently running courses to teach people about Scheme and he has lots of fun videos[1] about using Guix & Emacs[2]

Steve / Futurile

[0] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Group:Guix/PatchReviewSessions2024
[1] https://systemcrafters.net/
[2] Other editors are also available

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-05-04  9:02 UTC | newest]