unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Xfce4-panel launchers are breaking after updates
@ 2020-04-27 15:16 znavko
From: znavko @ 2020-04-27 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello! I think I've already posted this issue, but did not get answer.
I use Xfce4 and have some Applications launchers on Xfce4 Panel, that I've added usual way.
After updates the directories of software binaries are changing and this causes the errors in Xfce4 Panel's work:
it cannot find application I run from the panel item. This makes me need to delete old items and add them again.
I think this is Guix architecture traits make this kind of issue.
The items that I add as 'run command' with my own bash script launcher (for ungoogled-chromium with tor here was such thread)
them run perfectly and do not break.

How to work with it?
Should I require xfce4 developers to make 'which application' before run application from panel items??

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-04-27 15:19 UTC | newest]