unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
From: Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de>
To: zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com>, help-guix@gnu.org
Subject: Re: how can I find the terminal output
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 18:07:27 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,
thanks for your answer,

>  I entered "guix shell" in the terminal,
>>> and it created an empty environment.

I meant without any option, (just "guix shell") therefore it created an
empty environment.
(I didn't know what the guix shell is for. I just read the manual and
understood the purpose of guix shell).

> How can I find now the terminal output in order to find the empty
>>> environment and to delete it?
>>
>> I do not understand what you mean here.  Once in the environment “guix >> shell”, just type exit to return to the original environment.

Because I don't know how it works, I guessed that the "empty
environment" is a new created file which has been added and I wanted to
get rid of this file.

 >> What are the general terminal commands in order to read the history
of >> the outputs?

 > It depends on your shell.  I guess you are using the default shell –
 > which should be bash – from your Linux distro.  Therefore, all the
 > history is in ~/.bash_history.

I am using the Bash terminal, Mate terminal in my case.

Opening the  ~/.bash_history
tells me only my inputs, my commands, but it does not show what was the
output of my commands. Where I can find those in my Bash shell?

hope that makes my questions as a newcommer clear
Gottfried