unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Guix REPL - To infinity and beyond
@ 2022-10-08 14:59 Fulbert
From: Fulbert @ 2022-10-08 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

Hello!

I wanted to keep the exemples of Guix REPL given by Simon Fournier in his presentation at the 10-years-of-guix event : Guix REPL - to infinity and beyond
https://10years.guix.gnu.org/video/guix-repl-to-infinity-and-beyond/

So, first, thanks to Simon Fournier for this presentation. And second, as it could be convenient not only to self, I made it available there :
https://fulbert.neocities.org/guix/10-years-of-guix/simon-tournier-guix-repl/guix-repl-exemples.html

* Re: Guix REPL - To infinity and beyond
@ 2022-10-09  0:28 ` jbranso
From: jbranso @ 2022-10-09  0:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fulbert, help-guix

October 8, 2022 11:00 AM, "Fulbert" <fulbert@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I wanted to keep the exemples of Guix REPL given by Simon Fournier in his presentation at the
> 10-years-of-guix event : Guix REPL - to infinity and beyond
> https://10years.guix.gnu.org/video/guix-repl-to-infinity-and-beyond
>
> So, first, thanks to Simon Fournier for this presentation. And second, as it could be convenient
> not only to self, I made it available there :
> https://fulbert.neocities.org/guix/10-years-of-guix/simon-tournier-guix-repl/guix-repl-exemples.html

Thanks for sharing!  That's super cool that one can add commands to guix that easily!

* Re: Guix REPL - To infinity and beyond
@ 2022-10-10  9:38 ` zimoun
From: zimoun @ 2022-10-10  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Fulbert, help-guix

Hi,

On sam., 08 oct. 2022 at 16:59, Fulbert <fulbert@bluewin.ch> wrote:

> So, first, thanks to Simon Fournier for this presentation. And second, as it could be convenient not only to self, I made it available there :
> https://fulbert.neocities.org/guix/10-years-of-guix/simon-tournier-guix-repl/guix-repl-exemples.html

Oh really cool!  Thanks!

I have started a tiny example [1] submitted as patch#58339 [2] where the
aim is to document similarly.  You work is far more complete. :-)

Maybe it could be worth to use your note for the Cookbook, WDYT?

1: <https://gitlab.com/zimoun/guix-example>
2: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/58339>

Cheers,
simon

PS: The name is Tournier, with ’T’.  Fournier, with ’F’ is someone else. ;-)

* Re: Guix REPL - To infinity and beyond
@ 2022-10-10 11:00   ` Fulbert
From: Fulbert @ 2022-10-10 11:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: zimon.toutoune

Le Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 11:38:38AM +0200, zimoun a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On sam., 08 oct. 2022 at 16:59, Fulbert <fulbert@bluewin.ch> wrote:
>
> > So, first, thanks to Simon Fournier for this presentation. And second, as it could be convenient not only to self, I made it available there :
> > https://fulbert.neocities.org/guix/10-years-of-guix/simon-tournier-guix-repl/guix-repl-exemples.html
>
> Oh really cool!  Thanks!
>
> I have started a tiny example [1] submitted as patch#58339 [2] where the
> aim is to document similarly.  You work is far more complete. :-)
>
> Maybe it could be worth to use your note for the Cookbook, WDYT?
>

> 1: <https://gitlab.com/zimoun/guix-example>
> 2: <http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/58339>
>
> Cheers,
> simon
>

> PS: The name is Tournier, with ’T’.  Fournier, with ’F’ is someone else. ;-)

Hi and my appologies for the name \^^.

Of course, if *you* think it is suitable for an entry in the cookbook, who would I be to oppose that ?! :p

Although I have never done it, I think it shouldn't be too much work to adapt, convert and integrate to texinfo/cookbook… so, I will make a patch proposal when I'm done with that.

Best regards,

* Re: Guix REPL - To infinity and beyond
@ 2022-10-12  6:53     ` Fulbert
From: Fulbert @ 2022-10-12  6:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix; +Cc: zimon.toutoune

Le Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 01:00:29PM +0200, Fulbert a écrit :
> Le Mon, Oct 10, 2022 at 11:38:38AM +0200, zimoun a écrit :
> > Maybe it could be worth to use your note for the Cookbook, WDYT?

Hello!

To follow up: the proposal for the addition to the Cookbook
has been sent.

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/58463