unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* Email programs not displaying
@ 2022-04-13 19:16 Les Campbell
From: Les Campbell @ 2022-04-13 19:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

I need an email program with Guix. I installed the following email programs but not one of them appeared in the XFCE or Gnome menus:

*  Icedove ( I would prefer Icedove)
* Claws-mail
* Geary
*  Evolution.

Why are these programs not appearing in any of the menus I mentioned?

-Les-
[e6389ec2-519e-4228-949a-2d145feffb9e]

* Fwd: Problem Solved -Email programs not displaying
@ 2022-04-14  0:38 ` Les
From: Les @ 2022-04-14  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix

At last, I finally have Icedove (email) installed. I attempted to
install twice and on the third time it still did not appear in the XFCE
menu. I loaded the terminal and dropped to the command line after typing
icedove on the command line it started up prompting me to set up my
email. In addition to the program starting it appeared in the XFCE menu
under the Internet category. I am please to say I now have email! 😁

-Les-