unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* How to install OBS plugins and scripts?
@ 2022-08-18 15:07 Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2022-08-18 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hi,

Does anyone have OBS plugins?
How should I configure them?
There's no `scripts` button under `Tools` as some tutorials suggest.

Also our OBS does not depend on Python or Lua so I don't think it's able to run scripts... Anyone has info about this?

Thanks!
Ekaitz

* Re: How to install OBS plugins and scripts?
@ 2022-08-18 16:12 ` pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) @ 2022-08-18 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ekaitz Zarraga; +Cc: help-guix@gnu.org

Ekaitz Zarraga <ekaitz@elenq.tech> writes:
> Does anyone have OBS plugins?

Not me, but maybe it helps that Andrew Tropin wrote in
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2021-01/msg01022.html>
that you can use OBS_PLUGINS_DATA_PATH and OBS_PLUGINS_PATH and made obs
plugins that are shipped with guix use those.

> Also our OBS does not depend on Python or Lua so I don't think it's
> able to run scripts... Anyone has info about this?

I suppose Python or Lua just need to be installed along with obs?

Sorry I did not try any of this.

Regards,
Florian

* Re: How to install OBS plugins and scripts?
@ 2022-08-25 20:08   ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2022-08-25 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz); +Cc: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hi,

> Not me, but maybe it helps that Andrew Tropin wrote in
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-patches/2021-01/msg01022.html
>
> that you can use OBS_PLUGINS_DATA_PATH and OBS_PLUGINS_PATH and made obs
> plugins that are shipped with guix use those.
>
> > Also our OBS does not depend on Python or Lua so I don't think it's
> > able to run scripts... Anyone has info about this?
>

> I suppose Python or Lua just need to be installed along with obs?
>
> Sorry I did not try any of this.
>
> Regards,
> Florian

Thanks a lot for your answer Florian.

I wanted to dig on this further in order to answer you but I didn't have the time to do my proper research.

I just want to thank you for your help. I'll dig on this further and answer back if I find any solution.

I'll contact Andrew directly too.

Thanks again,
Ekaitz

* How to install OBS plugins and scripts?
@ 2022-08-26  5:48 Andrew Tropin
From: Andrew Tropin @ 2022-08-26  5:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix, ekaitz

OBS native plugins should install their .so files to lib/obs-plugins/
and data files to share/obs/obs-plugins/ and they will be automatically
loaded, when obs installed in the same profile (directories for finding
plugins defined in native-search-paths of obs package).  Also, take a
look at obs-* packages for examples on how to package plugins.

There was no scripts support, updated obs package to 27.2.4 and enabled
python and lua scripting support.

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=4ff0ceb26462d27281eed5cf789ca4158f94409a

--
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: How to install OBS plugins and scripts?
@ 2022-08-26 11:47 ` Ekaitz Zarraga
From: Ekaitz Zarraga @ 2022-08-26 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Tropin; +Cc: help-guix

Thanks a lot Andrew!

Just tested the scripts and they work well.

Also, mention that you can keep them anywhere you want, which is also a plus.