unofficial mirror of help-guix@gnu.org
* sha256 base32 value of a git checkout
@ 2020-05-17 12:00 Pierre-Henry F.
From: Pierre-Henry F. @ 2020-05-17 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-guix\@gnu.org

Hello,

I'm trying my hand on defining a package.
I have a source defined as in:

(origin

  (method git-fetch)

  (uri "some/git/dir")

  (commit "acommit")

  (file-name "a_filename")

  (sha256 (base32 "XXX")))

when origin resolves to an archive, guix download $url gives the value of "XXX"
but when using git-fetch... how to get the value of "XXX" ?

Thanks,
phf

* Re: sha256 base32 value of a git checkout
@ 2020-05-17 12:14 ` Reza Alizadeh Majd
From: Reza Alizadeh Majd @ 2020-05-17 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pierre-Henry F.; +Cc: help-guix\@gnu.org

On Sun, 17 May 2020 12:00:38 +0000
"Pierre-Henry F." <contact@phfrohring.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying my hand on defining a package.
> I have a source defined as in:
>
> (origin
>
>   (method git-fetch)
>
>   (uri "some/git/dir")
>
>   (commit "acommit")
>
>   (file-name "a_filename")
>
>   (sha256 (base32 "XXX")))
>
> when origin resolves to an archive, guix download $url gives the
> value of "XXX" but when using git-fetch... how to get the value of
> "XXX" ?
>
> Thanks,
> phf

Hi,

you can calculate directory hash recusrsively using guix with this
command:

`guix hash -rx /path/to/directory`

--
Reza Alizadeh Majd
PantherX Team

* Re: sha256 base32 value of a git checkout
@ 2020-05-17 15:08   ` Pierre-Henry F.
From: Pierre-Henry F. @ 2020-05-17 15:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Reza Alizadeh Majd; +Cc: help-guix\\@gnu.org

It worked!